So, you need to change date of birth on Facebook app or in your browser. Do you know how to do it? It’s not that difficult, in fact. What’s more, you can always hide your date of birth if you don’t want anybody to know it. Let’s check out how all this can be done.
STEPS TO CHANGE YOUR DATE OF BIRTH ON FACEBOOK APP
Well, if you are interested in the way to change some of your information in the app, then, you probably already have it installed on your smartphone. Now, you need to enter it by tapping on the icon. In case the device remembers your password and login, you will be redirected to your news feed. Otherwise, you will need to enter the app using your login and password.
– Begin with tapping the Button that looks like three horizontal lines. It’s located in the right bottom corner if you have an iPhone and in the right top corner if you are working with Android
– Tap your own name, which is in the top menu bar. This will help you open your profile
– Below your profile picture, you will see a Button named “About”. If you are using Android, you will need to scroll the page to see the “About” Button
– Keep on scrolling down until you reach the section named “Basic Info”. Then, tap “Edit”. The “Edit” Button is in the right side of the screen in front of the “Basic Info” title. If you are using Android, you will need to tap “More About You” in the same page
– Now, you can edit your birth date information as you like. The section headed “Birthday” provides three parameters that can be changed. You need to tap each of them (day, month, and year) in order to open the menu for each of them and then choose the necessary value. Repeat the process for each parameter you would like to change
– Scroll down and tap “Save”. This Button is in the bottom of the page. It will save the changes and show the new information in your profile
Now you know how to edit your personal information in the Facebook app. You can even help your friends when they ask you something like “How can I change my date of birth on Facebook?”
HOW TO CHANGE DATE OF BIRTH ON FACEBOOK FROM YOUR DESKTOP
First, as usually, you need to enter your profile from the browser that you have on your desktop. If the browser has your password and login, you will enter your news feed. If you have not saved your password in the browser or in case you are entering your profile from someone else’s computer, enter your login and password to get to your profile.
– Click your name that’s written in the top menu bar of the page. By clicking it, you will be able to enter your profile
– Below your profile picture, you will find an “About” B.utton. It will lead you to the section of your profile where you can edit data
– Click the “Contacts and Basic Info” B.utton, which is on the left side of the page
– Scroll the page until you reach the section with your birth date information. Choose a birth day, month or year, which you would like to change and choose the necessary value. Repeat for every parameter you want to change
– Click “Save Changes”, which is at the bottom of the window you are in currently. It will save the changes and show the new data in your profile
HOW TO HIDE YOUR BIRTHDAY INFORMATION FROM OTHERS?
Social media is a place where you can make new friends, find the love of your life or encounter real scoundrels. This is why it makes sense to either not share just everything on Facebook and other social networks or, at least, restrict the access to some of your personal information. Let’s see ow how to hide your birth date on Facebook.
Repeat all the steps from the instructions above to enter your profile and get to the section that deals with your personal information. Here, you need to find a B.utton with a lock symbol in it. It’s located to the right from the birth date parameters. By clicking it, you hide the information from certain groups of users. Here, everything depends on which restriction you will choose.
You can choose the birth date to be shown to your friends only or to you alone. If you choose “Only Me”, it means that nobody but you will be able to see your birthday information on your profile page, even your friends. They won’t receive notifications when you have your birthday and won’t be able to greet you unless they remember the date without notifications.
This done, click the “Save” B.utton to save the changes.
HOW TO CHANGE BIRTH DATE ON FACEBOOK AFTER THE LIMIT
Changing important personal information like your birth date is allowed for only a couple of times. It’s said in the rules of using the Facebook network. This is why you need to be very careful and avoid changing it too often and within a short period of time. If you do, Facebook will restrict your ability to change it again for 60 days.
If you need to do it but have used all the allowed attempts to change it, you can turn to the “Help” section.
– Enter your profile
– Click on the question mark (“Quick Help”) in the top right part of the page. You will see a drop-down menu
– Right in the top of this menu, click the “Help Center” line
– When the new page opens, type your question right in the filed for questions and see what the help center suggests
The point is that hundreds of people have already asked this question, so you will find a ready answer. In addition to this, there’s a special contact form that should be filled out in case you want to request a birth date change. There, you need to state a birth date and explain why you want to see it instead of the current one in your profile.
If the support considers your request appropriate, they will change your birth date on their own, and you will see only the renovated profile.
Remember one important thing about changing your date of birth. There’s a rule that Facebook cannot be used by people under 13. Keep this in mind before you change your personal information. If moderators see that your profile is younger than 13, they can suspend it. As well, it’s recommended to use only real names, profile pictures or dates of birth because any fake information can also be a reason for moderators to suspend your account.