Airtel Nigeria, the second largest telecoms company in the country, has several data bundles for subscribers. Subscribing to a data bundle is one thing, how to check your Airtel data balance is another.
For most Airtel Nigeria subscribers, the numerous data plans are confusing enough. Because there so many bundles, it is a nightmare keeping up with them.
Equally frustrating is the how to check your Airtel data bundle after you subscribe. There are so many codes for each data bundle one easily gets confused.
Perhaps, the smartest thing to do is to subscribe to just one bundle and stick to it for ever.
That way, you have just one code to bother with when you check your Airtel data balance. If only it were that simple.
The fact is, Airtel, like most of the networks in Nigeria, keeps coming up with new bundles to fit different scenarios. So sometimes, it becomes unavoidable to subscribe to more than one data plan.
The biggest challenge is keeping up with all the data plans. An even bigger challenge is how to check your data plan once you subscribe to a bundle.
Below are all Airtel data bundles, how to subscribe to them and how to check your data balance to see how much you have left.
1. Airtel normal data plan
The Airtel normal data plan has several categories, including the daily, weekly and monthly bundles.
The subscription codes are as follows:
- Daily – Dial *410#. You would be given 30MB for the day. This costs just N100.
- 3 Days – dial *412#. You would be given 50MB. The bundle of valid for 3 days and cost N200
- 25MB, 5MB/day, 5 days bundle – dial *412# to get 5MB daily for the next 5 days to make it 25MB in total. It costs N100.
- Weekly – dial “412# to get 750MB for 2 weeks. It costs N500.
To check your Airtel data balance on any of these plans simply dial *123*10#
2. How to check your Airtel data balance for Android bundles
The Airtel Android data bundles used to be the normal monthly plans. But with the dominance of Android smartphones and devices, it was changed to the current Android plan.
All the plans are for one month these are the subscription codes:
- Dial *496# to get 1.5GB for 30 days at N1000
- Dial *437# to get 3.5GB for 30 days at N2000
- Dial *437*1# to get 5GB for 30 days at N2,500
- Dial *438# to get 7GB for 30 days at N3,500
- Dial *452# to get 12GB for 30 days at N5,000
- Dial *460# to get 24GB for 30 days at N8,000
To check your Airtel data balance for your Android plans, simply dial *223#. You would get an instant notification of your data balance.
But if you want to get the data balance plus expiry date, dial *140#. You would receive an SMS with the information you need.
3. Blackberry plans
Airtel has several Blackberry plans; including plans that work for Blackberry 10 devices. Note that BB10 devices are different from the normal, classic Blackberry devices.
However, no matter which Blackberry plan you subscribe to, there are two ways to check your airtel data balance:
- Blackberry Complete/absolute – *123*175 #
- Blackberry normal data plan – *123* 9#
4. WTF bundle
You can subscribe to the weekly or monthly bundle.
- Dial *990# to get the monthly bundle at N200
- Dial *991# to subscribe to the weekly bundle at N200
To check your Airtel WTF data balance simply dial *990*0#
5. WhatsApp data plan
This plan is just for WhatsApp alone. If you want to subscribe to it, just dial *948#.
It would give you access to WhatsApp for 1 months at N100.
To check data balance on this plan, simply dial *885*0#
6. Opera Mini Bundle
With the Airtel Opera Mini bundle, you can do quite a lot because of the famed data compression technology of the browser.
These are the subscription codes:
- Dial *885*3# to get 50MB daily at N100
- Dial *885*2# to get 100MB for two weeks at N200
- Dial *885*1# to get 250MB for 1 month at N300
To check your Airtel data balance for the Opera mini bundle, simply dial *885*0#
Those are the codes for checking different data packages on the Airtel network. However, the code *140# should be sufficient to check any Airtel data balance.
If that does not work for one reason or the other, then you can try the individual USSD codes to check your Airtel data balance.