If you need to find out how to activate Windows 8, you have come to the right place! We will tell you how to activate Windows with a Windows 8 activation key. No need to download or install anything like Windows Activator, only legit ways!
How to find the Windows 8 product key
Before you activate your copy of Windows 8, you need to find your Windows 8 key. It is 20 symbols long and includes both numbers and letters. In order to find your key, you need to remember how you obtained Windows.
- If you bought it at an authorised shop, you can find the key on a card or a label in the box that you took your Windows disk out of.
- If it came with your computer, you should be able to find the key among the documents that came with your PC.
- If you downloaded it from the official Microsoft website, your key should be in the e-mail that confirmed your purchase.
After you have found your product key, proceed to one of the following instructions. How to activate Windows 8 via the Internet
How to activate Windows 8 via the Internet Read more:
Usually, Windows tries to activate itself as soon as it is connected to the Internet. However, if it does not do it, you can prompt the activation yourself. To do that, perform the following actions:
Go to your computer Settings. You can do that via the gear-shaped B.utton on the right side of the screen, or by searching for PC settings in the Start menu.
On the left of the PC settings window, you will see a line that says Activate Windows.
Click on it. In the window that appears, input your product key and press Next.
Follow the prompts to activate your Windows.
How to activate Windows 8 via phone
- If you cannot seem to activate your Windows via the Internet, you can try using your phone. Follow these steps to activate Windows via phone:
- Find the PC settings on your computer and go to the Activate Windows section.
- In the Activate Windows, select Contact customer support. You might be prompted to either enter your admin password or to confirm your selection.
- Choose your location from the list and click Next.
- You will see a list of phone numbers you can call to activate your Windows. When you call one of the numbers, you will be able to activate your copy with the help of an automated system.
If you want to check whether your Windows is activated, you can right-click on the My Computer icon and choose Properties. At the bottom of the window that appears, look for the Windows activation section. If all went well, it will say ‘Windows is activated’ and show a product ID number.
That is all for our simple guide. As you can see, there is nothing complicated about activating your Windows 8. You just need to know where to look. And as a word of advice, do not use any of those Windows 8 activator programs. Many of those are riddled with viruses and adware. Activate your Windows using legal methods.
Watch Video Below…